Wednesday, August 30, 2006

What Makes A Person Gay...

I don't know how this slipped under the radar, but 60 minutes did a story oh whether sexual orientation is biological or environmental. I am not a scientist so I don't pretend to care which one, but a startling "fact" jumped out to me during the segment and I quote:

And the numbers are significant: for every older brother a man has, his chances of being gay increase by one third. Older sisters make no difference, and there's no corresponding effect for lesbians. A first-born son has about a 2 percent chance of being gay, and the numbers rise from there. The theory is it happens in the womb.

"Somehow, the mother's body is remembering how many boys she's carried before," says Breedlove. "The favorite hypothesis is that the mother may be making antibodies when she sees a boy the first time, and then affect subsequent boys when she carries them in utero


So in a nutshell the more sons you have the better chance the youngest one will be gay, now I don't know how accurate the science is hell I had to goto the Doctor office 3-4 times for a leg injury. I guess the woman's body builds a resistance to testosterone and won't make as much. Read the article below for the whole story.


Article

No comments: